Westlake Yacht Club conducts a regatta almost every month of the year. All regattas are open to WYC qualified sailors and sailors from other SCYA sanctioned yacht clubs. If you are attending a regatta from another yacht club and plan to bring your boat, please download and complete the Westlake Lake Management Transient Boat Form, then contact our Rear Commodore via our Contact Form to make arrangements for your boat to be inspected prior to the regatta.
The club owns 15 RS Teras, 6 Lasers and 4 CFJs for Junior Sailors. The club has 3 c-18s and 4 C-14s for Adult Sailors.
Registration and payment for all is online including payment in advance of the Regatta. See the Registration link on the specific Regatta page. Adults must reserve boats with the C-18 Fleet Captain or C-14 Fleet Captain.
Generally the regattas follow this format:
- Entry Fees: Please see each regatta registration page for WYC member fees and Non-member fees with or without own boat.
- Rigging of Boats begins at 1130 hours
- Skippers Meeting 1230 hours
- First Race begins 1300 hours
- 3 to 4 races per class, weather and wind permitting
WYC RACE COURSE CHART
If you have any questions or would like to establish a class for a particular race, please contact our Rear Commodore via our Contact Form.
Click HERE to watch a Race Practice